Find Great Keywords Without Keyword Tools
Search engine visibility requires good keywords
To appear high up on a search engine you need to focus on relevant terms or “keywords”.
The first thought when trying to find new keywords for your marketing campaign is to use a keyword tool. However, this is not always the best place to start.
Before you use a keyword tool there are 4 simple questions that you can ask yourself:
- What problems can your product or your service solve?
- Which questions do potential customers ask?
- Can you offer unusual solutions?
- Which products and services do you offer?
As you can see the actual products and services themselves are of least importance and this is because the searcher might not know that your product or service will solve their problem. Your product may have a name that they are not familiar with or they be be unable to spell it. Therefore you need to focus on the first three points before using your products or services in the keywords.
Our example: You are a reflexologist who specialises in back pain.
1. What problems can your product or service solve?
In our example the problem that your product or service can solve is back pain. You need to create a list of words that describe the problem:
back pain, lower back pain, back ache, aching back, constant back pain, intense back pain etc.
2. Which questions do potential customers ask?
People are unique and will type different things into the search box when trying to find a solution to their problem.
- why does my back hurt
- why does my lower back hurt when I’m sitting
- how can i get rid of back pain without taking pills
- how to ease pack pain in pregnancy
- why am i so tired
- why can’t i bend forward
Your product solves related issues such as fatigue and restrictive movement and can also be connected to other factors such as pregnancy. You need to create keyword phrases that relate to these issues and factors.
3. Can you offer unusual solutions?
Many people will take a pill to help with the pain or apply a heat wrap. They may not know that Reflexology can help.
The following phrases will work for you:
- get rid of back pain without pills
- get rid of back ache without a heat wrap
- get rid of back pain without medication
Your solution is unusual and therefore thinking about your AdWord ad copy and content on your web pages, you can create pages around the following topics:
- How to get rid of back pain without using Ibuprofen
- An unusual way of calming back pain without medication
4. Which products or services do you offer?
Of course, you should also use your product names or services within the adverts and copy that you create.
reflexology, hand reflexology, foot reflexology etc
To assist in finding new keywords tell a short story that describes the problem and the solution:
“A person has terrible back pain. The person cannot move properly because of the back pain and is constantly tired. Instead of applying a heat wrap or taking a pill there can be alternative solutions. That solution is my Reflexology service.”
By asking yourself these 4 simple questions you will find many new keywords that can be used within your marketing campaign, allowing you to create new web pages and advert copy easily. And of course you can still consult a keyword suggestion tool and combine the two for an optimum list.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.